Monday, May 16, 2011

I'm bringing sexy back

I didn't want to be the one to tell you, but yeah, I'm bringing sexy back. That is...my own sexy.

Last summer I made huge advancements in my fitness level. I looked better, I felt better. I was really proud of myself. And, while I'm nowhere near my unfit level of three years ago, I have a lot of work to do to get my sexy back.

As a nod to Brian Adams, 'since the summer of' 39, I have been pushing myself to go further and faster than my previous couch-potato years allowed, including my annual pride, the Bolder Boulder 10k race with my Dad. Wait! Let me set the record straight: I hate running. Or at least, I think I do. Running can be so boring, and yet there is something indescribable that happens when I run. I feel like I can accomplish anything, I feel strong, I feel healthy...and that, my friends, is addicting. But getting my shoes on and taking that first step out the door has been so hard lately. Working full time, going to school, volunteering and some other out-of-the-ordinary circumstances has led me to be tired and unmotivated.

It's crunch time. I have two weeks to whip my butt into shape before the 2011 Bolder Boulder. I've been running here and there but not consistently. Last year, my time for the 6.2 mile race was 1:07 which allowed me to automatically qualify for running with the big dogs this year. But, it ain't gonna happen and that just breaks my heart. But I tell you what will happen. I will train hard the next two weeks and I will run the Bolder Boulder and will do okay. And after that, I will continue to run, will do some mountain biking and will add in some swimming. My goal? A summer triathlon. Sounds sexy, doesn't it? I think so...and I'm bringin' it back!

No comments:

Post a Comment