Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Preparation for another world

International travel excites me like nothing I've found. I feel fortunate to have had opportunity to see a few amazing places. Each destination is its own adventure. And yet, with this upcoming trip, I feel nervous and unprepared.

Somehow Germany, the Czech Republic, Austria and Hungary seem so much scarier than some of the places I've visited. Perhaps it's because I will be traveling by myself. Well, that is until I meet up with the tour group in Munich. I've not joined a tour group before so am not sure of what to expect. I'm hoping I will meet some great people to share the adventure.

However, as I prepare, my mind is stuck on the numerous things that could go wrong with luggage and currency. And, of course, I've heard all the stories about scammers and pick-pockets. Hopefully, safety in numbers will hold true.

I'm excited, don't get me wrong. And I'm also so grateful. I know I will see some beautiful things and enjoy the moments as they come.

For now, I'm just anxious to get there so I can relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment